[Distutils] buildout's tests fail for me

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Wed Sep 2 09:44:32 CEST 2009

On 2009-09-01, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:

> On 1 Sep, 2009, at 16:21, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Reinout van
>> Rees<reinout at vanrees.org> wrote:
>>>
>>>  distutils.errors.DistutilsPlatformError: $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
>>> mismatch:
>>>  now "10.3" but "10.5" during configure
>>
>> <shrug> Mac OS X weirdity.
>
> What kind of Python installation are you using? System python, binary
> installer from Python.org, ...
> Which version of Python are you using?
> Do you have MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET set in your shell environment?

Set in my shell? No.

And this last attempt where I got the 10.3 != 10.5 error was with a freshly
compiled 2.5.4 source release from python.org.  Plain configure/make/make
install (with a --prefix= option).  Plain as plain can be.

If you google it, there are quite a lot of reports on this.

Well, I've got the tests running with python2.4 at least.  Hm. I *could* do
another build WITH such an environment variable set...

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com