[Distutils] Brand new, clean server, set up from scratch, buildbot still fails

Steve Steiner ssteiner at mac.com
Mon Oct 19 15:23:06 CEST 2009

On Oct 19, 2009, at 8:57 AM, David Lyon wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 07:44:56 -0400, Steve Steiner <ssteiner at mac.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I am not looking to hand-fix this, that would be pointless.  I want
>> an
>> automated build script that will fire up a brand new Ubuntu cloud
>> server, set up the entire environment, install the buildbot and run.
>
> Can I help?

I've just put the fabfile up in the distutils-buildbot http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distutils-buildbot/overview/

Feel free to jump in!

I've run that exact fabfile onto a pure fresh ubuntu 9.04 setup and it
won't run yet.

Any insight you can provide would be much appreciated.

I'd love to make a "make me a buildbot" tool; I think it would be
incredibly useful, generally.