[Distutils] Distribute 0.6.5 coming up

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 09:50:18 CEST 2009

Hey,

Reinout and I have worked on bugs related to zc.buildout support, and
it seems that now everything works fine.
Thanks for those who try it on their side !

So we will be shipping a 0.6.5 probably friday for that, and postpone
all the other issues for 0.6.6, except a few ones that are easy to
tackle now.

This version will also contaon the code that lakes sure we don't step
on any Setuptools 0.7.x toes.

If you have one issue you want to see fixed in 0.6.5, speak up.

buildouters, if you want to try the latest dev version you can grab :
http://python-distribute.org/bootstrap_dev.py

Once 0.6.6 is proven to be working fine with zc.buildout, I'll change
on zc.buildout side the bootstrap.py script as suggested,
by adding a "--distribute" option so people can choose the tool they
want to use.

Thanks
Tarek

--