[Distutils] Future namespace support

kiorky kiorky at cryptelium.net
Wed Oct 14 16:45:40 CEST 2009

Lennart Regebro a écrit :
> 2009/10/14 kiorky <kiorky at cryptelium.net>:
>>> This may be quite current even if it's not a good habit to have circular
>>> dependencies between distributions.
>>> Imagine that.
>>>
>>> B(0.7) -> A(0.6).
>>> A(0.6) -> B(0.7).
>
> I don't think that's a problem, although I can't see why you would
> need it in this case.
>
>>> Can i have the same namespace "ns" shared between the twice distributions with
>>> both the setuptools namespaces implementation (A) and the pkg_util's one (B)?
>
> I don't see why not, they would work the same way. Possibly the global

That's not what said the PEP (IOW what i had understood of) but yes the
"namespace" stuff must be shared among all namespaces implementations.
I think it is a primal requirement for integration.

And it must also be compatible with previous implementations more than every
other points like entry points or installation/environment APÏs.

> _namespace_packages dictionary needs to be shared by both setuptools
> and the new module, but that can easily be handled by importing it
> from setuptools if setuptools is installed.

Cordialement,
KiOrKY
GPG Key FingerPrint: 0x1A1194B7681112AF