[Distutils] Setuptools 0.6c10 release imminent; please test

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 01:28:18 CEST 2009

On Oct 12, 2009, at 4:25 PM, P.J. Eby wrote:

> But before you do that, be sure to uninstall Distribute completely

Damn if I understand this...such a long time waiting for all these bug
fixes...so little action, so much angst...

Then that all that effort going into the Distribute fork, so much
effort expended carefully working around so that Distribute would be a
bug-fixed, drop-in replacement for the orphaned setuptools.

Then suddenly out of the blue, everything is fixed in setuptools 06c10
and we must "uninstall Distribute completely" get these fixes.

If the changes you made really were superior in any way, I trust that
Tarek and co. are smart, and egoless enough to see that and will make
those changes part of Distribute.

Too little, too late, no thanks, I'll just be sticking with Distribute
from now on.