[Distutils] PEP 345 - 3 new fields

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Nov 30 10:13:31 CET 2009

Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> [..]
>> Yes to all of the above, could we also please have:
>>
>> Mailing-List-URL
>
> +1
>
>> Change-Log-URL
>
> I don't see a lot of projects with a changelog file available online,

...except every single Zope-related egg ;-)

These currently get put in the long-description, often up at the top,
usually making the actual description totally unreadable.

Having the option to put a url in a standard field would encourage
people to just put a link to the changelog.

> Can you detail on this one ?
>
>> Documentation-URL
>
> How would this one be different from Home-page ?

Take my tiny errorlogger package, the homepage url is here:

http://www.simplistix.co.uk/software/python/errorhandler

Documentation is here:

http://packages.python.org/errorhandler/

These are optional fields, which I'd like to see PyPI display if they're
present, but we need the ability to add them first! :-)

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk