[Distutils] PEP 345 - 3 new fields

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Nov 29 22:32:19 CET 2009

Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > Stick to a simple standard of “this file contains the changelog”,
> > which will let people simply move their existing changelog of
> > whatever format into that file. Having it in a predictable location
> > would be a big step forward, and an easy one to enforce.
>
> That doesn't differ from what we have today with long_description:

That ignores what I thought we'd just agreed in this thread: that the
changelog should be *in a separate file*. Putting it into one field
among many ignores the fact that it's often long, and growing every
release.

--
 \           “It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us in |
  `\    trouble. It's the things we know that ain't so.” —Artemus Ward |