[Distutils] PEP 345 - 3 new fields

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sat Nov 28 23:33:49 CET 2009

Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> Hello
>
> As suggested in Catalog-SIG by some people, I would like to propose
> the addition of three more fields for 1.2:
>
> "Repository-URL"
>     A string containing the URL for the package's repository.
>    Example:
>         http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk/
>
> "Repository-Browse-URL"
>      A string containing the URL for the package's browsable repository.
>    Example:
>       http://svn.python.org/view/python/trunk
>
> "Bug-Tracker-URL"
>    A string containing the URL for the package's bug tracker
>    Example:
>       http://bugs.python.org/
>

> Any thoughts ?

Hmmm, I thought I replied to this but don't see my mail in the archives:

Yes to all of the above, could we also please have:

Mailing-List-URL

Change-Log-URL

Documentation-URL

I see the primary consumer of all 6 of these being PyPI, to give
potential package users more direct information about where to go in a
standard format.

thanks,

Chris