[Distutils] obtaining easy_install prefix in setup.py

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Nov 19 15:30:08 CET 2009

At 12:59 AM 11/19/2009 -0500, Pavol Juhas wrote:
>As PJE mentioned, it is indeed
>possible to walk the stack trace and rip out the original sys.argv
>(and its '--prefix' element) from the easy_install main.

Technically, I meant it's possible to walk back until you find a
'self' that's a different Distribution instance, at which point you
can ask for an easy_install command and check for a prefix.  You're
probably better off doing that than trying to parse argv, especially
since the prefix might be coming from a configuration file anyway.