[Distutils] People want CPAN :-)

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Sun Nov 8 23:03:04 CET 2009

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 19:19:44 +0000, Floris Bruynooghe
<floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com> wrote:
> .. improve the PEP 386
> reference implementation for example (I pick that one as I know most
> about it from all the PEP proposals currently).

I'm +1 on PEP-386. It makes sense to me.

> This is a PEP that should maybe be finished first of the bunch

PEP-345 is perphaps more important. More depends on that.

I think/hope Guido's post has changed things a little. I agree with
those who say everybody should work together to some PEPs closed off
and I also agree with the push to offer something that is of a
more comparable standard to CPAN.

To get to where Guido is asking for, I think there are some gaps
in the PEP coverage. So we need to cover those bases also.

David