[Distutils] buildout/distribute recursion error fixed

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 12:58:02 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Reinout van Rees <reinout at vanrees.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Several people have seen a hard-to-reproduce recursion error when running
> buildout in combination with distribute.  You'd get 200 lines of
> "distribute".
>
> Good news: the problem has been identified.  And I've fixed it on a
> zc.buildout branch (branches/reinout_distribute_upgrade_check).  Tarek will
> test it and probably/hopefully release it real soon, wink, wink.

Yes, thanks for the fix/work ! It looks nice and also simplifies the code.

Before it's merged in trunk and eventually released, we need to :

- add a test demonstrating this bug in easy_install.txt

- manually test the various scenarii (these are not fully covered with
zc.buildout unittests because the assmption is made that python don't
have setuptools installed):

    - nude python, buildout without --distribute, plone buildout cfg file
    - python with setuptools, buildout witout --distribute, plone
buildout cfg file
    - python with distribute < 0.6.8, buildout witout --distribute,
plone buildout cfg file
    - these 3 tests *with* --distribute

Regards
Tarek