[Distutils] Alternate static metadata PEP submission...

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Tue Nov 3 05:30:56 CET 2009

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 19:14:56 +0100, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:

> The beauty of the "python -m setup" approach is that it will execute the
> setup.py in the current directory if present, or a stdlib-supplied one
> if not.

Ok - I copied the file to \pythonX.Y\lib and ran 'python -m setup' and
got an instant result. The program showed some screen stuff and so I
could see that it was called.

That felt very easy.

Thank you very much for pointing this out.

Actually I find there are less steps with this method than with the
traditional way of having to change directory into the package
directory and then running setup.py from there. After that delete
the directory and so forth.

I will keep working on it....

once again - many thanks

David