[Distutils] [issue89] easy_install silently drop symlinks when auto-extracting tarball source distributions

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Nov 2 01:06:42 CET 2009

At 12:01 AM 11/2/2009 +0100, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>It's actually Jeff Rush who is in charge of this tracker instance.
>I can't change the setup without him agreeing.
>
>So, Jeff, where else should the roundup instance for setuptools send
>its notifications?

In over 1 year, there are now a grand total of 89 such messages (at
most) that have been sent to the list, vs. 5 messages just sent now
(6 when you count this one) discussing whether or not they should
continue to be sent here.

So far, there has also only been one complaint or request to change
this, as far as I'm aware.  (Personally, I like them just fine where
they are.  Among other things it makes it easy for someone to answer
the ticket via email, which is one of the reasons I asked for it to
be set up this way in the first place.)