[Distutils] buildout/setuptools setup_requires and test_requires

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed May 20 11:50:29 CEST 2009

Jeff Rush wrote:
> Packages needed -only- for packaging (setup_requires) and testing
> (test_requires) should not be generally installed.  They are installed in a
> special place for use just during those particular phases of operation.  No
> need to have them around in production.

Hmm, now I know why no-one uses setup_requires or test_requires...

This is not a clear cut issue. I can see why people might feel as you
do, but I belong to the other camp of people who believe that all eggs
belong in one place...

I guess I'll move those packages either to install_requires or
extras_require['test'] and be done with it.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk