[Distutils] Packaging: bdist_deb patches

Tarek Ziade tarek.ziade at ingeniweb.com
Wed Mar 11 15:42:33 CET 2009

2009/3/11 Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net>:
> Tarek,
>  Speaking of packaging patches.  Would there be any chance that you could
> get the 'bdist_deb' patches integrated in Distutils prior to PyCon?

The work to be done for  bdist_deb is quite important and requires
some Debian expertise I don't have (yet).

My plan was to be helped by some Debian people amongst the people that
have interacted on that issue and
in this list, and work on the patches.

But that won't be possible before Pycon, because I am commited on
other issues before this one.

But if someone is willing to lead this work, and if a fully tested
patch is provided before Pycon,
I am willing to review it and commit it. Although I doubt this will be
possible in such a short time.

Regards
Tarek