[Distutils] Patch for your setuptools issue

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Jun 1 20:00:54 CEST 2009

Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek <at> gmail.com> writes:

> How is your Python installed ? It works for me I have installed python
> from a trunk checkout
> by running the usual ./configure && make && make install

Python is installed in an "usr/" subdirectory of its own checkout.
Now, the strange thing is:
- if I `cd` into usr and then run `bin/easy_install`, C extensions compile fine
- if I run directly `usr/bin/easy_install`, the headers are not found

Perhaps setuptools/distutils is confused by the fact that there is already a
Makefile (or a python executable) in the current directory?

Regards

Antoine.