[Distutils] [Distribute] Python 3 porting effort - plans proposal for 0.7/0.8

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Thu Jul 23 22:22:38 CEST 2009

On Thursday,2009-07-23, at 12:56 , Lennart Regebro wrote:

> You don't have that. You write for Python 2, and convert it with 2to3.

+1

I will hopefully contribute some patches/testing/etc. for Distribute,
but I have no plans to start using Python 3 in the forseeable
future.  I will of course learn what I need to know in order to make
sure my patches don't cause problems for Python 3 users, but
supporting Python 2 is a chief requirement for me, and so I prefer to
develop with Python 2.

Regards,

Zooko