[Distutils] Colour this bikeshed: Name for setuptools fork

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun Jul 19 20:56:48 CEST 2009

At 06:46 PM 7/19/2009 +0200, Jannis Leidel wrote:
>If you'd bless distribute as one of setuptools versions, wouldn't it
>be a perfect moment to move its documentation away from the (often
>slow) PEAK wiki,

It's fast now, actually.  I fixed it a couple days ago when I
couldn't sleep.  I'd long meant to set up a mod_rewrite-based cache
for the long, dynamically-generated pages.

>use a Sphinx build (as already worked out in the
>setuptools-0.6 branch) and publish it on
>http://packages.python.org/setuptools/?  There is even a useful
>setup.py command to help publishing it:
>http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Sphinx-PyPI-upload/

Hm.  Maybe I should just let you guys take over the thing entirely
and do the releases however you like.  More free time for me.  ;-)