[Distutils] Announcing the 'Distribute' project

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jul 18 05:51:37 CEST 2009

Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> writes:

> Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > Fails the web search test: a search for “python packaging” will
> > not find this project specifically.
>
> The same criticism probably applies to "distribute", which
> seems to be ahead in the poll right now.

I can only interpret that as (a) a sign that people just want whatever
is the status quo and don't really care about arguments against; and (b)
deciding the name is probably best done by an individual who has
considered the options rather than a poll.

--
 \       “They can not take away our self respect if we do not give it |
  `\                                         to them.” —Mahatma Gandhi |