[Distutils] [Python-Dev] PEP 376 - from PyPM's point of view

Floris Bruynooghe floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 22:07:23 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 01:43:19PM -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:
> Paul Moore wrote:
>

>> - how do I import version 0.7.1 of package foo, rather than 0.7.2?
>
> Augment import to recognize versioned names?
>
> import foo_0_7_1

If people just renamed their modules/packages when they made API
incompatible changes we woudn't be having these problems.  But it
seems they are reluctant to do so.  C has a quite nice solution for
all of this but it is quite hard to map onto Python.

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom