[Distutils] Where is the setuptools source repository?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Jul 2 12:15:06 CEST 2009

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Interesting.  I didn't realize that this changed.  This works at least
> as far back as Python 2.4, so if it changed,

Chatting with Christian Theune, I believe this is because you put all
your packages in 'src' directory. I don't like to lay my code out like
that, and it should work with just your python packages in the root of
the distribution.

 From what PJE has said, it works if you put a MANIFEST.in file in
place, but the fact that you need to do that if you don't put your
packages in a src directory feels like a bug to me...

Chris