[Distutils] buildout recipe options

dunia duna.swlp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 20:29:03 CET 2009

Hi list

I'm a little bit confused with the buildout configuration files, and i
can't find any useful information. I get that every part of the buildout
has a recipe and this recipe takes some configuration options. My
question is ...how can i know which are those options? I went through
the code and found most of them, but not all.

For example, since i'm running on Debian i would like to use buildout +
dzhandle, so i need plone.recipe.dzhandle. I found some configuration
options used explicitly in the code (locationtype, location, zopetype,
version, zope2-location, zopeuser, zcml, serviceuser and instancename),
but i also found in an example buildout configuration file «httpport»
(obvious what it is used for) and «threads» (not that obvious for me :)
). Also i would like to know which other options i can use to set, for
instance, dzhandle «--addon-mode» that is mandatory when using dzhandle
alone.

Maybe this is very simple, i recognize that my knowledge of python is
not as good as it should be...yet ;). Anyways, any hint would be useful
for me.

My english is not very good :(, my apologies.

Thanks & happy new year! :)