[Distutils] bdist_rpm new option

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 22:21:47 CET 2009

Hello

We have worked on a fix for bdist_rpm, to avoid the error that occurs
under Fedora or RedHat when the optimize flag is not
activated.

http://bugs.python.org/issue1533164

I am about to introduce a new option for this command, called
"force-optimize" (and activated by default)

This new option makes the bdist_rpm command drive the install command
with the "optimize" flag activated by default (this fixes the problem)

The rationale to introduce a new option is to make sure people don't
get confused between the optimize flag that is forced when building a
rpm package,
and the "regular" optimize option used by the install command.

This will prevent undesired side-effects. For instance, writing a
setup.cfg with "optimize" to build rpms, might interfer when someone
tries to
tries to install the same package under Jython,

Any opinion ? Otherwise I'll commit it this way

Regards
Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | Association AfPy | www.afpy.org