[Distutils] Problems using easy_install to download my module

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Feb 18 16:34:17 CET 2009

Seems to work fine for me.  Perhaps you hadn't uploaded the source at
that point?

If you want to use SourceForge's download system, you need to include
a link to the files-listing page as your downloads URL, as
easy_install doesn't follow arbitrary links, it just picks up
*direct* download links on the pages specified as the URL and
download URL of your package in setup.py.