[Distutils] buildout examples clarification

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Dec 23 20:48:42 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Jeff Kunce <jjkunce at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using the buildout page on pypi as a reference
>   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout
>
> What is the python shell used for the examples?  I can follow what is
> going on, but I'm not familiar with some of the functions used. For
> example:
>  >>> write(sample_buildout, 'recipes', 'mkdir.py', ...)
>
> Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm stumped.  Thanks.

np.  The way those examples are written is rather awkward to say the least.

You might want to check out the buildout tutorial:

  http://www.buildout.org/docs/tutorial.html

In any case, write just writes out a string to a file. The last
argument is the string.
The other arguments are joined to construct a path.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton