[Distutils] Problem with buildout and zc.recipe.cmmi

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Sat Dec 12 18:33:58 CET 2009

On 12/12/09 3:25 PM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>>> AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'project_name'
>
> Ok this is fixed now. 0.6.10 released
>
> I think we should work on adding a functional test in Distribute, that
> runs some zc.buildout scripts
> to make sure this doesn't happen again,
>
> Reinout, do you have some buildout.cfg scripts you could add in
> Distribute, that can be built
> quickly and illustrates this problem ?

Well, including zc.buildout as a test dependency of distribute is a bit
big, I guess.

The thing I'd try: add a test that does the thing zc.buildout does
(str(exception)) and demonstrate that that's the right answer. Add a
comment on why this needs testing.

The thing that gave me an error (cmmi through staticlxml) is exactly one
of those buildout tasks that takes 15 minutes to compile... ;-)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com