[Distutils] Distribute and zc.buildout + bootstraping file names + release/branches roadmap

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 22:46:33 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Maurits van
Rees<m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl> wrote:

> It would be nice if those warnings could be avoided, but I assume this
> is not possible.

They should not pop for now on (if you get the freshest nightly build)

>> If you think "bootstraping" is a silly name, or have a better
>> proposition, please let me know.
>
> I would spell and pronounce it bootstrapping with a double 'p'.

Done.

> googlefight.com sees 333,000 results for double 'p' and only 5,900 for
> single 'p':
> http://googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=bootstrapping&word2=bootstraping
>
> I know I would continuously spell it wrong if it was with a single
> letter 'p'.
>

> Thanks for your hard work!

Thanks for cheering. I am done now with the bootstra*p*ping work and
ready to publish 0.6

0.6.1 will contain more bugfixes but at least, people will be able to
upgrade and contributors
to work on patches in a friendly DVCS environment, while we
concentrate on splitting the
distribution, and on py3k.

I will also switch back on my side on PEP 376 work and distutils, and
hope some other
people will start to contribute in Distribute.

I'll wait for any other feedback and for Hanno feedback (they are
sprinting in Bristol/UK)
and I'll push a release Thirsday or Friday unless some bad feedback occurs.

Cheers
Tarek