[Distutils] Deprecate MANIFEST.in

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Apr 7 07:41:07 CEST 2009

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 07:20, David Cournapeau
> <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>
>> It depends on how you set your wildcard. If you use *.$ext, seems to me
>> that it would alleviate those cases, or do you mean something else ?
>>

> Sure, but now we are getting closer and closer to having to specify
> each file separately. Which is not a practical state of affairs. This
> is about which process to use to determine which files should be
> included when we don't specify things.

I think it is obvious that we can't agree on the process :)

> I've never claimed it works for you. You are saying that this method
> should *not* be supported.

I am not saying that it should not be possible - but that it should be
built on top of a lower system which we can all agree upon. Then, you
can use your tool to depend on the VCS to feed this lower system, and I
can reuse this lower system myself without depending on the VCS thing,
and everybody is happy ?

cheers,

David