[Distutils] Deprecate MANIFEST.in

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Mon Apr 6 23:00:24 CEST 2009

On Apr 6, 2009, at 3:03 AM, Lennart Regebro wrote:

> Could we in this discussion, instead of making fuzzy general
> statements explain exactly what the problems are?

So far, the setuptools behavior has worked fine for me on both
numerous small projects (e.g. pyutil [1], zfec [2], pycryptopp [3],
dupfilefind [4], zbase32 [5]) and on a couple of larger projects
(allmydata-tahoe [6] and Nevow [7]).  I've used the builtin svn
integration and a plugin for darcs that I wrote myself
(setuptools_darcs [8]).  The setuptools options of
"include_package_data", "exclude_package_data", and "package_data"
provide control over the behavior.

Regards,

Zooko

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyutil