[Distutils] Deprecate MANIFEST.in

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 10:05:17 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 09:51, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
> So part of your file list is declared implicitely in your (D)VCS and
> part explicitely in your setup.

I don't see how that would work. Reasonably, the VCS is a fallback of
nothing is declared in setup.py. I don't see why you should be forced
to explicitly declare every file in the setup.py, a sensible default
is not a problem.

> For sure. But that means there will be still more than one way to do it

Not really. There is one way to specify which files are included. If
it is not specified, distutils would make the reasonable assumption
that all versioned files should be included.

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/