[Distutils] [buildout] cool behaviour I didn't know about? :-)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 13:32:57 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I've been working on getting Zope 2.12 instances to build from a simple
buildout without any funky recipes.

This morning I tried this at the start:

[buildout]
parts = zeoinstance
extends =
http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Zope/tags/2.12.0a1/versions-zope2.cfg

...expecting buildout to barf 'cos it couldn't find the
versions-zope3.cfg that's referenced in versions-zope2.cfg.

However, buildout happily did the right thing and downloaded it from
http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Zope/tags/2.12.0a1/versions-zope3.cfg

Is this documented, expected behaviour (if so, where and why?) or have I
just been lucky?

Chris

PS: If it is documented and expected, what would happen if I had my own
versions-zope3.cfg in the same folder as my buildout.cfg? Which one
would get picked?

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk