[Distutils] developing a package and two packages it depends on

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 18:18:23 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Marius Gedminas wrote:
>>
>> Use svn:externals to check them out inside your tree, then include those
>> directories in the 'develop' line in buildout.cfg.
>
> Okay, but how then do I check the library works with the released versions
> of the xlrd and xlwt packages?

it's a development and release process matter.

Most people have two .cfg files :

- one for development (dev.cfg)
- one for production (prod.cfg) where you don't leave any develop
option of course.

You can also have another cfg for your developments, that points to
the released versions of the third party packages if needed
in your development process.

And all those cfg extends buildout.cfg.

Regards

Tarek Ziadé | Association AfPy | www.afpy.org