[Distutils] Twisted packaging in Debian

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 7 23:44:35 CEST 2008

Josselin Mouette <joss at debian.org> writes:

> About this issue, I still think you need to version your plugins
> directory if the plugins are not compatible across versions.

You've referred to this a few times now without explaining exactly
what you expect the developer to do. So, just in case:

I presume you mean that, in the case where a program's plugins are not
compatible with plugins for previous versions of the same program, the
developer should always seek (and attempt to install) plugins for
version N in a differently-named directory from plugins for version M
and version P.

That is, that a directory expected to contain plugins for version N
should contain *only* plugins for version N, and never for other
versions.

Yes?

--
 \         “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, |
  `\      Brain, but isn't that why they invented tube socks?” —_Pinky |