[Distutils] Script Files, Prefix, and Uninstallation

natan yellin aantny at gmail.com
Sun May 4 10:04:10 CEST 2008

Hello,
I'm relatively new to python, and I have a few questions related to
distutils.

1) If I attempt to install script files without a .py extension, distutils
installs them twice- once with a .py extension and once without. Is there a
way to work around that?

2) Is there a way to change the default install prefix from /usr to
/usr/local?

3) Is it possible to find the install prefix that was actually used. (e.g.
if the user set --prefix to something other than /usr/local). I'd like to
store the prefix in a file so that I can later uninstall from the correct
prefix. (Or is there an easier way to uninstall that I'm missing?)

Thanks in advance,
Natan