[Distutils] Question on using distutils.core.run_setup

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Mar 18 19:27:51 CET 2008

At 05:55 PM 3/18/2008 +0100, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>Cool ! Maybe this could be pushed into distutils ? It looks more
>like a fix to me

Well, it's not really even a substitute for run_setup(), let alone a
fix.  It just lets you run the script, not get access to its
distribution object.

I'm not sure that run_setup() is fixable, though, even in
principle.  But it's been too many years since I struggled with it,
so I don't remember what the problem was.  In fact, I know for sure
that I've gone through more than one cycle of forgetting what the
problem was after not touching it for a few years.  :)