[Distutils] Python: Distributing Python modules

Pankaj Gupta pjpj at live.in
Mon Mar 3 18:22:56 CET 2008

Hi,

Windows Installer Executables using distutils

I am able to create windows installer executable using 'python setup.py' on command prompt.

using below code is written in 'setup.py'

       from distutils.core import setup

       setup(name='Test',            description="Python Test",            version='0.1',            script_name = 'setup.py',            script_args = ['bdist_wininst','--install-script=post.py'],            scripts = ['Post.py'],            data_files = getDATA())

Following are the issues need to be resolved after installing windows installer 'Test.exe'

1.It installs at default location and creates a folder 'Test' under 'C:\Python24'
Question: Could you please suggest me how to change the default location using above mentioned code or can specify location on UI in windows installer ?

2. When we double click on windows installer 'Test.exe' it shows UI
Question: Another requirement: Can we suppress the UI? I am looking 'how to launch the executable installers (e.g ctypes-1.0.1.win32-py2.4.exe) for the prerequisites silently – i.e., without user interaction'

Could you please help me or send me direct e-mail ids regarding 'Distributing python modules' so that i can communicate accordingly?

Thanks
PG

Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!