[Distutils] [issue24] Rename easy_install

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jun 15 06:21:29 CEST 2008

"Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com> writes:

> (On a side note, I find it tremendously amusing that this particular
> bike shed seems to be attracting the *most* attention, out of all
> the things that need to be fixed, improved, or replaced altogether.)

It's partly the bike-shed effect, true.

On the other hand, it's been a wart for a long time, so this period of
"fix things for the future" has inevitably brought this issue up. If
it's going to be addressed properly, now seems like the best time.

--
 \       “As the most participatory form of mass speech yet developed, |
  `\    the Internet deserves the highest protection from governmental |