[Distutils] alternatives to zc.buildout?

Noah Gift noah.gift at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 20:01:25 CET 2008

> I like buildout for development be because I don't have to "inhabit"
> the created artifacts. I (can) have a single high-level configuration
> that lets me control a variety of subsystems in one place.
>
> I'm sure this is a matter of taste.
>
> Jim
>
> --
> Jim Fulton
> Zope Corporation

In reference to this rather long discussion.  I would love to get an
interview or case study on buildout in the scope of package management
for Python for the book I am co-authoring on Python For *nix Systems
Administration.  If there is an official ambassador, I would love to
talk to that person, to make sure I do it justice.  That particular
chapter will cover eggs, virtualenv, and buildout, so I pretty excited
about it, although is the toughest chapter in the book so far.

Noah Gift