[Distutils] "test_suite must be a list" ??

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Fri Aug 29 19:02:45 CEST 2008

Okay, folks, I confirmed that this was indeed because a package named
"elisa" was installed on the user's system, and I added this work-
around to my package's setup.py:

http://allmydata.org/trac/pycryptopp/browser/setup.py?rev=567#L146

146	try:
147	    _setup(test_suite="pycryptopp.test")
148	except BaseException, le:
149	    # to work around a bug in Elisa
150	    if "test_suite must be a list" in str(le):
151	        _setup(test_suite=["pycryptopp.test"])

This works on both my system (with setuptools 0.7 dev) and my user's
system (with setuptools 0.6c8 and elisa).

I will try to contact the authors of elisa.

Regards,

Zooko
---
http://allmydata.org -- Tahoe, the Least-Authority Filesystem