[Distutils] [zc.buildout] buildout unable to parse 'simple' view

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Apr 3 16:56:56 CEST 2008

We're running a local egg repository based on haufe.eggserver. Buildout
won't find an egg called 'haufe.recipe.svnsetup' that is stored on the
server. The server is configured properly within the find-links section.
And I can see a successful HTTP request to the page in the logs.

The underlying template generates the following HTML:

          <a
href="http://eggs.haufe-ep.de:21111/eggs/download?package=haufe.recipe.subversion&amp;filename=haufe.recipe.subversion-0.1.0dev_r942-py2.4.egg">haufe.recipe.subversion-0.1.0dev_r942-py2.4.egg</a>

            <a
href="http://eggs.haufe-ep.de:21111/eggs/download?package=haufe.recipe.subversion&amp;filename=haufe.recipe.subversion-0.1.1dev_r997-py2.4.egg">haufe.recipe.subversion-0.1.1dev_r997-py2.4.egg</a>

            <a
href="http://eggs.haufe-ep.de:21111/eggs/download?package=haufe.recipe.svnbuild&amp;filename=haufe.recipe.svnbuild-0.1.1dev_r1057-py2.4.egg">haufe.recipe.svnbuild-0.1.1dev_r1057-py2.4.egg</a>

I wonder why buildout won't parse this HTML properly and find the related
distribution?! (Error: Couldn't distribution for 'haufe.recipe.svnsetup').

Andreas