[Distutils] buildout and console scripts in dependencies

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Oct 25 02:28:14 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have a buildout which looks like this:

[buildout]
parts =
     repoze

find-links =
     http://dist.repoze.org

eggs =
     repoze.plone

develop =

[repoze]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
eggs =
     ${buildout:eggs}

Here, repoze.plone is an egg depending on a bunch of other eggs. Some of
those dependencies, such as PasteScript and repoze.zope2, have
console_scripts entry points.

With the buildout above, I don't get any console scripts though. To get
that, I have ot list the eggs with dependencies explicitly in the
zc.recipe.egg part:

[buildout]
parts =
     repoze

find-links =
     http://dist.repoze.org

eggs =
     repoze.plone

develop =

[repoze]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
eggs =
     ${buildout:eggs}
     repoze.zope2
     PasteScript

Is this a bug or feature? It's certainly a bit annoying, since I now
have to work out which packages have the console scripts I need. :)

Martin