[Distutils] Buildout configurations in a subdirectory stopped working.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 16:16:49 CET 2007

On 3/17/07, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> I don't know what "it" is.  I have no problem extending a
> configuration file in a subdirectory.  In fact, i tried the example
> above (as much as is shown) without difficulty.

Extending is no problem, it's using thats the problem. :-)

> No.  Buildout has always set the default buildout directory to the
> directory containing the configuration file given on the command line
> or to the current working directory.
>
> BTW, svn blame shows that that line was last modified on Dec 7.

Thats very weird, since just two weeks ago I was able to have
configuration files in a subdirectory and have the buildout directory
be the well, buildout directory...

One difference was that I first had the configuration file in the
root, and then moved them. This time I checked it all out from
scratch...

> I can't reproduce this.  Can you construct a minimal example that
> illustrates this?

OK, I'll try.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64