[Distutils] Setuptools - Removing Old Packages

Marcus shutterbug at dwx.com
Mon Jul 23 04:49:10 CEST 2007

I'm using easy_install for managing automatic updates to an application.
I include the "--multi-version", "--upgrade", and "--install-dir"
options, so that only an egg is copied to the directory I specify.

I see that the current recommendation is to manually remove old
packages, since there isn't an uninstall feature of setuptools. How
would I go about detecting obsolete eggs myself, so that I can remove
them programatically after downloading the latest version of an egg?

Thanks,

Marcus