[Distutils] SetupTools: Forcefully Ignoring Dependencies

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Feb 7 21:41:06 CET 2007

At 03:58 PM 2/6/2007 -0500, Alexander Michael wrote:
>How can I force easy_install to not worry about (i.e. ignore)
>dependencies? I tried --no-deps, but easy_install (from setuptools
>0.6c5) still attempts to find dependencies and then errors out.

Are you using --always-copy?  That overrides --no-deps.  You may wish to
check your configuration files.

Also, if you are building any packages from source, please note that they
may specify build-time requirements using 'setup_requires', and that
*cannot* be overridden by anything, ever, for any reason.  :)  You would
have to install a pre-built egg instead of building from source to avoid
those requirements.

That's about all I can tell you without knowing what packages you're
talking about and what messages you're seeing.