[Distutils] static linking in distutils/setuptools?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 22:46:11 CET 2006

Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
> Is there any way to specify static linking to particular libraries  when
> building installers with distutils or setuptools? I want to be  able to
> include the shared libraries that I am linking to in my  builds. I did
> not see any info on this in the docs.

Not really, no. In many cases (e.g., GNU ld), there's simply no way to tell the
linker that you prefer static libraries to shared libraries when you are
building a shared library like a Python extension. You simply have to make sure
that the static libraries are found first.

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com

  -- Richard Harter