[Distutils] setuptools: branch versions

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Fri Jan 13 18:20:40 CET 2006

One thing that would be nice, but seems rather substantial, would be a
way to tag branches.  Right now 0.1dev and 0.1wsgi are ordered in some
way, and for branches I'd actually like for them not to be ordered --
you really want one tag or the other, and they aren't interchangeable in
any way.  Which maybe is possible now.  Though the version specifiers
make it hard too, because how do you say you want 0.1wsgi-*?

Ultimately I'm looking for a "tag_svn_branch = true" setting, I guess,
but the version sorting makes that less useful.