[Distutils] prefix in bdist_rpm

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Sat Feb 25 00:04:55 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 12:27 -0600, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2006, at 12:16 PM, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> >> It has no idea what you want, that's why it gives you control over
> >> the process.
> >
> > My whole point is that I don't have such control.
>
> Yes you do.  You can override anything you want with the command line
> options.

Could you please be more detailed?  How do I make an rpm package that
would install the files under /usr (or wherever python is installed) if
setup.cfg is following:

[install]
prefix: ~

Suppose you are not allowed to edit any files including setup.cfg.

More generally, I'd like you to give me an example of setup.cfg that
would not cause "setup.py install" to modify the Python installation,
but such that an rpm package could be build by running "setup.py
build_rpm", perhaps with additional options or environment variables,
and that rpm package would install files in the Python directory when
installed.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin