[Distutils] setuptools 0.6a10 released

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Feb 14 22:26:23 CET 2006

This version is almost entirely devoted to fit-and-finish issues such as
improved error messages, better PYTHONPATH, --prefix, and "site" directory
support, better SourceForge handling, etc.  There are also a few minor new
features such as:

* The 'find_plugins()' API I described here previously

* A few new methods on Environment and Distribution

* You can package single-module distributions for EasyInstall by using just
a URL: pointing a link to a .py file with a "#egg=project-version" tag on
the end will tell EasyInstall to auto-create a setup.py to go with it.  Or,
if you simply list a .py file as the "Download URL" of a PyPI listing,
EasyInstall will automatically figure out the project name and version
number, without needing the tag.

I'm going to have limited time and net access from now until the weekend,
so my responses may not be as quick as they usually are, but please
continue to inform me about any issues you may encounter.