[Distutils] Bugginess in distutils.core.run_setup?

Arve Knudsen aknuds-1 at broadpark.no
Mon Oct 17 20:41:07 CEST 2005

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm having difficulties in using
the distutils.core.run_setup function. Setup scripts that will work
happily when run from the commandline ("python setup.py") bomb out when
under run_setup. What happens as far as I can tell is that run_setup
provides a "locals" argument for execfile, which is used for "import"
statements. What happens then is that imports on the global level are not
visible to functions, so an exception is raised when a function tries to
access a globally imported module. Is this due to faulty logic in
run_setup (explicitly specifying the "locals" argument)?

Thanks

Arve Knudsen