[Distutils] Mac OS 10.4

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri Nov 18 19:22:01 CET 2005

On Nov 18, 2005, at 4:54 AM, Robin Becker wrote:

> Bob Ippolito wrote:
>> On Nov 17, 2005, at 9:54 AM, Robin Becker wrote:
>> The extensions you build may not be compatible with previous
>> versions  of OS X, and you may need to use GCC 3.3 to compile some
>> extensions  (gcc_select makes it easy to do that).

> Thanks for the info.
> So is it impossible to compile dylibs etc for earlier versions of
> darwin? Or can that also be achieved using some special environment?

It can be achieved using SDKs, but it's hard to orchestrate.  My blog
host's MySQL server is borked right now, but here's some info out of
google's cache:
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:gBdCPTJVro4J:bob.pythonmac.org/
archives/category/macosx/universal-binaries/+universal
+binaries&hl=en&client=safari

For the archives, here's the actual relevant URL:
http://bob.pythonmac.org/archives/category/macosx/universal-binaries/

-bob